our mISSION statement
TO ADVANCE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS AND HIS KINGDOM INTO THE NATIONS
THROUGH SPIRITUAL GENERATIONS OF LABORERS,
LIVING AND DISCIPLING AMONG THE LOST
What We Do:
“God, God’s Word, and the Souls of Men… the extent that you invest in these will be the extent you invest in eternity.” We passionately believe that the Bible is the Word of God, that Jesus is who He says He is, and that God wants to use your life to advance the Gospel around the globe. We want to impact eternity with and for the Good News of Christ!
Our strategy is messy. We preach week in and week out that it is “OK not to be OK” because of the Gospel of Christ. Because of our love for the Gospel, we aim to establish, equip, and embolden the next generation of college students to know Christ intimately, share Christ openly, and invest their lives in others. The vehicle we believe is most effective is one-on-one discipleship; in the Word and in each other’s lives. Our hope is that we train up competent leaders full of character and energized by the promises of God to use their lives!
The DNA of The Navigators @ IU is small-group Bible study and one-on-one discipleship. We meet as a large group on Thursday nights in the Radio-TV building for worship and a message from the Word. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, we would love to help you grow closer to God and closer to other believers.
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- In one God, the Creator; eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and that He was and remains true God and true man.
- That God created Adam and Eve in the divine image; that they sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that, as a result of Adam’s sin, all human beings are now born with a sinful nature and stand guilty before God.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- In the blessed hope of the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- That all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells and gives spiritual life to all believers, enables them to understand biblical truth, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
WHO WE ARE:
The Navigators @ IU is an inter-denominational community of students who are seeking a deeper relationship with God. As we grow in that relationship, we are trusting God to use us to impact the lives of others and the world around us. The heartbeat of our ministry is helping students grow to know Christ in a deep and life-transforming way. We desire to help students develop the vision, passion, and skills to follow Christ for the rest of their lives.
We are about being real about who we are, loving God, and loving people, developing leaders, one-on-one discipleship, spiritual transformation, and impacting our world for Christ. If you get plugged in with us, here are a few things you can look forward to: growth in your relationship with God and others, relevant and life-impacting Bible studies, lasting friendships, life-on-life mentoring, a deeper sense of purpose and direction in life, exciting conferences, road trips, fun, and much more…
The ministry of The Navigators began over 75 years ago, and today, we have ministries on over 190 campuses in the US. We currently have over 4500 Navigator staff in over 100 countries around the world.